Mocha Pecan Pie
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for coating chocolate chips
- 1 3/4cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 4tablespoons milk
- 2tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2cup butter, melted and cooled
- 8ounces pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, blind-baked
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine 3 Tbsp flour, brown sugar and salt. In a small bowl lightly beat eggs. Whisk in milk, coffee and vanilla until well blended. Add butter and brown sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Place pie crust on a baking sheet. Coarsely chop 1 cup of pecans and place in the bottom of crust. Toss chocolate chips with a little flour (about 2 tsp). Scatter chips on top of pecans. Whisk filling again and slowly pour over chips to within 1/4 inch of rim. Place remaining whole pecans on top of pie. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.