Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield 80 servings
The flavor of coffee gives these chocolate chip cookies a different twist.
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -- eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt half the chocolate chips and the unsweetened chocolate with the butter in a double boiler over hot water, stirring to mix well. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Combine the eggs, sugar, coffee granules and vanilla in a larger mixer bowl and beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheets lined with baking parchment or waxed paper. Bake at 350F for 8 minutes or until cookies are set but soft inside; outside will appear cracked. Cool completely on the baking sheets.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Ft. Myers’ Tropical Settings (the Junior League of Ft. Myers, Inc., Ft. Myers, Fl., 1995).