Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield: 80 servings
- 3cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2cup butter
- 1/2cup flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 4-- eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 1 1/2tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt half the chocolate chips and the unsweetened chocolate with the butter in a double boiler over hot water, stirring to mix well. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Combine the eggs, sugar, coffee granules and vanilla in a larger mixer bowl and beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheets lined with baking parchment or waxed paper. Bake at 350F for 8 minutes or until cookies are set but soft inside; outside will appear cracked. Cool completely on the baking sheets.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Ft. Myers’ Tropical Settings (the Junior League of Ft. Myers, Inc., Ft. Myers, Fl., 1995).