Mixed-Up Mac and Cheese and Carrots
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1-- (14.5-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained and rinsed
- 2-- (18-ounce) cans ready-to-serve, low-sodium or regular creamy mushroom soup
- 1-- extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-- (8-ounce) package shredded, Colby jack cheese
- 1pound elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions, slightly cooled
- 1/2teaspoon salt and ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Purée the carrots in a blender or food processor, adding enough soup to keep the mixture smooth.
- Combine the soup-carrot mixture, the remaining soup and egg in a large mixing bowl. Fold in the cheese and macaroni, and season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Scrape the macaroni and cheese mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more until bubbling around the edges.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 420
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 330mg
- Carbohydrate 52g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 17g