Mixed Greens with Garlic
- Yield 6 servings
Any kind of hearty greens—from kale to beet greens—will work in this garlicky dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds roughly torn greens, such as chard, kale, escarole, turnip greens, curly endive or beet greens
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil. Add greens; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Chop greens coarsely.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes or just until starting to brown. Add greens and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Tuckaway Farms.