Mixed Greens with Blue Cheese and Champagne Vinaigrette
- Yield 8 servings
Here's a dressy salad that's perfect for special occasions.
- Champagne Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups mixed baby greens or spring mix
- 1 cup Spiced Pecans (see recipe)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare vinaigrette, place champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, clam juice and garlic in a blender and purée until smooth. Slowly add oil, blending until smooth. Add honey and salt; blend well.
- To prepare salad, place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Add Spiced Pecans, cranberries and bleu cheese. Toss well. Drizzle with 1/2 cup Champagne Vinaigrette. (You’ll have vinaigrette left over). Add pepper. Toss.
Recipe by Doug Hosford.