Mixed Greens with Apples and Cranberries with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Yield servings
Tart apples, sweet cranberries and toasted walnuts with a slightly sweet, rich vinaigrette make this a quick toss together special salad.
- Cranberry Vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cranberry cocktail juice
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup sliced tart apples
- 1/2 can thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cranberry Vinaigrette, recipe follows.
- To prepare vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together honey, cranberry juice, vinegar, mustard, oil, and season to taste. Whisk in sour cream.
- In bowl, combine apples, onion, cranberries, walnuts and mixed greens. Toss with feta and Cranberry Vinaigrette.