Mississippi Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 70 mins
A pound cake so delicious that no one will believe how easy it is.
This dense pound cake is ridiculously easy—just dump all the ingredients together and beat.
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan, tube pan or two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, eggs and egg yolk, and vanilla in large bowl; beat until smooth.
- Add cake flour ½ cup at a time. Stir together until smooth.
- Pour into pan. Bake 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by Doug Hosford.