Miso Lemon Broiled Mushrooms
- Yield 4 servings
These mushrooms are infused with the flavor of mellow sweet-salty white miso.
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark-roasted) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger root
- -- Juice of 1 lemon
- 16 large white mushrooms or 4 large protobello mushrooms, stemmed so you just have the caps
- Combine miso, sesame oil, white wine or water, garlic, ginger root and lemon juice in a nonreactive container. Add mushroom caps and toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Drain and place caps on a broiler pan. Broil 2 inches from heating element 5 minutes, turn and broil other side until soft. Or you can grill mushrooms on a preheated gas or charcoal grill 3 to 4 minutes per side.