Misky’s Chocolate Chipaddiction Cookies
- Yield: 4-5
- 2sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1cup brown sugar, packed
- 1cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2tablespoons vanilla
- 2tablespoons milk
- 1teaspoon coconut extract
- 2cups unbleached flour
- 1tablespoon baking soda
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- 1tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2cups regular oatmeal
- 1cup chopped walnuts
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 1cup coconut, shredded or flaked
- 1package semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 12ounces bar of chocolate, 4-5 squares grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Either by hand or with an electric mixer, blend the two sugars together and add the butter. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, vanilla and coconut extract and beat until blended.
- Sift (or mix) together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and add to the butter mixture. Stir just until blended–do not over mix.
- Fold in the oatmeal, nuts, coconut, grated chocolate, and chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or lid. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour–and up to 24 hours. If you are desperate, you can cook one batch right away! (Option: you can freeze the dough in baggies and just take one out when you want to make a quick batch. The frozen dough makes terrific “bake your own” gifts.)
- Drop in rounded tablespoons on greased cookie sheets about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes–depending on how golden you like them. Cool on either racks or paper towels. (You can also freeze any or all of the baked cookies in a container and warm them up in the microwave for fresh baked yumminess.)