Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies
You can’t go wrong with chocolate and mint together, especially when they’re in the form of lovely sandwich cookies. Be sure to have a glass of cold milk on hand when you enjoy these rich, minty treats! EQUIPMENT NOTE: You’ll need a stand mixer with paddle attachment, a round cookie cutter and a pastry bag fitted with a tip.
- 8tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Confectioner's sugar
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- 12ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1cup cocoa powder
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixer set on low. Add flour and egg. Stop mixer and add cocoa, mix again on low until just combined.
- Divide and shape dough into 2 equal discs. Wrap tightly and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- “Flour” surface with confectioner’s sugar and roll out dough until 1/4-inch thick. Cut an even number of cookies as closely together as possible.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl. Heat cream in a saucepan until bubbling, pour over chocolate. Stir, melting chocolate. Add peppermint extract, stir to combine until filling is smooth. Scoop filling into pastry bag fitted with tip. Pipe an even amount of filling on half of the cookies. Sandwich each with another cookie. Enjoy!
Yield: about 18 cookies