Miniature Pecan Tarts
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Miniature Pecan Tarts
- 2-- eggs, lighty beaten
- 6tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2cups firmly packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2cups chopped pecans
- -- Tart Shells
- -- Confectioners's sugar (optional)
- Tart Shells:
- 6ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1cup butter, softened
- 2cups flour
- To prepare the filling: Combine eggs, butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla in a medium mixer bowl and beat well. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the pecans into each Tart Shell. Cover with 2 teaspoons of the filling. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- To prepare tart shells: Beat the cream cheese and butter in a mixer bowl until smooth and creamy. Add the flour and mix well. Chill, covered, for 2 hours. Shape the dough into forty-eight 1-inch balls. Place each ball in a paper-lined 1 3/4-inch muffin cups. Shape to form a shell.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Wilmington’s Seaboard to Sideboard (the Junior League of Wilmington, North Carolina, 1998).