Miniature Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Yield: 45 servings
- 3 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2cups (3 sticks) butter
- 1cup sugar
- 2/3cup packed light brown sugar
- 3large eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- Line sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed, scraping down the bowl as needed, until the mixture is smooth and light in color, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the eggs and the vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until blended. Add the egg mixture to the butter- sugar mixture in 3 additions, mixing until fully incorporated after each addition and scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Add the dry ingredients on low speed, mixing until just incorporated. Blend in the chocolate pieces.
- Drop 1 Tbsp of the dough onto the lined pans, leaving 11⁄2 in between each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes for a crisp cookie.
–This recipe reprinted with permission from the cookbook Hors d’Oeuvre at Home by the Culinary Institute of America