MINI POTATO-WALNUT PANCAKES
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Chopped walnuts add unique flavor and texture to pancake batter. Choose any fresh vegetable, such as tomato, corn, olive or roasted red pepper, as a topping with a dollop of sour cream.
- 1-1/2 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- -- non-stick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 16 -- California walnut halves
- 1/4 cup your choice of various topping ingredients such as halved mini cherry tomatoes, corn kernels, sliced olives, roasted red pepper strips
- -- fresh herb sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine potato, egg, flour, salt and walnuts.
- Coat a 10-inch non-stick pan with cooking spray. Over medium low heat, add heaping tablespoonfuls of the batter, flattening them into 1 1/2” cakes. Do not crowd the pan; make the pancakes in several small batches. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- To serve, place 1/2 teaspoon sour cream on each pancake and top with a walnut half. Add your choice of desired toppings and herb sprig. Serve warm.