- Yield: 12 servings
"I've always loved to play with food, and with four kids, I have plenty of opportunities. This snack started out as a variation on a grilled cheese sandwich and evolved into a Halloween treat that everyone loves."
- 6 English muffins, split
- 3cups shredded Cheddar
- 1/2cup light mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, minced (white and green parts)
- 1 (15-ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained
- Preheat broiler. Arrange muffin halves, cut side up, in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Combine Cheddar, mayonnaise and onions in a medium bowl; mix well. Spread equal amounts on each muffin half.
- Broil 4 inches from heat source 2 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Cut olives into shapes for eyes, nose and mouth and arrange on each muffin half. (You’ll have olives left over.)
– Joni Hilton, Rocklin, Calif.