- Yield 32 pieces
All it takes is four easy ingredients and 15 minutes to create this Louisiana favorite Italian-style sandwich
Make Mini Muffalettas them ahead of time andrefrigerate or freeze until ready to bake.
- 2 (12-ounce) packages party-size rolls (16 to 20 package)
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced lean ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian five-cheese blend
- 1 (16-ounce) jar chopped Italian olive salad, drained
- Preheat oven 375F.
- Split rolls in half; lay on baking sheet. Divide ham, cheese and olive salad onto each roll.
- Replace bread tops. Bake 10 to15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Note: Any combination of cheese may be used such as mozzarella, provolone or Parmesan. Freeze Muffalettas before baking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.