Mini Crab Quiche
- Yield 6 servings
Three things most kids don’t eat enough of—seafood, vegetables, and whole grains—are included in this fun-to-eat quiche.
- 3 slices 100% whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 large omega-3 eggs
- 1 -- (10-ounce) box frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crabmeat (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Generously coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the bread cubes evenly among the muffin cups. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, squash, and two cheeses. Stir in the crab. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, pour the egg mixture into each of the muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, about 22 minutes.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD, and Liz Weiss, MS, RD