Mini Comté, Potato and Roasted Pepper Frittatas
- Yield 2
Brimming with flavor, these nutritional bites are not only great snacks, but they also make for elegant hors d’oeuvres
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper from jar, finely chopped (1/4 cup chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded Comté
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cook the diced potatoes in a pot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add the minced garlic, roasted red peppers and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, olive oil, thyme and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the batter to a spouted measuring cup and pour into the muffin cups, filling them halfway full. Divide the potato and red pepper mixture among the cups, followed by the shredded Comté.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes, or until puffed and set. Let the frittatas rest for a minute or two (they’ll deflate), then run a small knife around each one to help dislodge it from the pan. Serve at room temperature.