Mini Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
- Yield 36 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 35 mins
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together the egg whites, cream of tartar, and a pinch of salt until the mixture is foamy. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat the mixture until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the sugar until blended. Add the vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form and the egg whites are very glossy. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop the batter by scant tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1½ inches apart.
- Bake for 35 minutes, rotating the pans and switching which rack they’re on halfway through cooking. Turn the oven off and let the cookies rest in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool completely.
—From Robin Takes 5: 500 Recipes, 5 Ingredients or Less, 500 Calories or Less, 5 Nights a Week at 5:00 PM by Robin Miller/Andrews McMeel Publishing