Mini Cheese Souffle Bites
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 25 mins
A festive appetizer or snack, these "souffles" are made in muffin tins.
- 1/2 -- (16-ounce) King's Hawaiian Original Bread, cut into 1/2 inch thick vertical slices
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Trim crusts from bread slices and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together, then stir in the bread.
Let stand for 15 minutes.
Put 1/3 cup of the souffle' mixture into buttered muffin cups.
Place the muffin tin into a jelly roll pan filled with 1/2 inch of water.
Bake in a 375F oven until set, about 25-30 minutes. Remove when they have puffed up and are slightly brown on top.
Sprinkle chives on each souffle', for garnish.