Mini Artichoke Crab Cakes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Crab cakes:
- 16ounces cooked crab meat
- 2cups fresh wheat bread crumbs
- 1can (14 ounce) artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4cup light canola mayonnaise
- 2large eggs, beaten
- 2tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 1/2teaspoon celery salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- -- Paprika
- Tarragon tartar sauce:
- 1/3cup light canola mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon sweet relish
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon of 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the crab cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Generously coat a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir together the crabmeat, bread crumbs, artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, eggs, chives, celery salt and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper until well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups and smooth the tops. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with tarragon tartar sauce.
For the tartar sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, tarragon, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD Cofounders, Meal Makeover Moms.com