Mini Almond Cheesecakes Baked in a Jar
- Yield servings
Perfect for gifts or single snaking, these adorable cheesecakes in a jar will make your heart (and mouth) melt.
- 12 French Almond Cakes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- whipped cream
- sliced almonds
- Pulse the French Almond Cakes in a food processor. Pulse until they resemble bread crumbs. Add the melted butter. And pulse again.
- Use an ice cream scoop and add the almond cake mixture to the mason jar.
- Use the back of a spoon and press the crumbs down. Put the jars in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and sugar to the bowl of a food processor. Run until smooth. Scrape the sides and bottom and run again. Add the egg, lemon, sour cream, vanilla, almond extract, and salt.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the baked crust. Boil a kettle of water.
- Take one of the jars out, and pour boiling water halfway up the sides of the jars. Add the jar back to the pan, this step helps not get water into the cheesecakes. Watery cheesecakes are just no good.
- Bake the cheesecakes for 25 to 30 minutes. The edges should be set, but still have a little jiggle. Cool completely and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream, a single raspberry, and sliced almonds.
—Recipe by Bree Hester, Baked Bree