- Yield: 6 servings
This flavorful Italian soup (or zuppa) is just the ticket for holiday parties and pre-game festivities.
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 celery stalk, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2medium zucchini, diced
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 3medium potatoes (about 3/4 pound), unpeeled and diced
- 3cups thinly sliced Savoy cabbage
- 1can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 3cups water
- 1/2teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until softened.
- Add carrots and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 200
- Fat 5g
- Sodium 900mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 7g
- Protein 7g