- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 30 mins
- 1 sprig each: fresh basil, oregano and rosemary
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups dried pasta (your choice)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Chop or snip the fresh herbs. Combine stock and herbs in a large pot. Bring stock to a boil.
- Add vegetables, garlic, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add pasta and cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is soft.
- Remove bay leaves. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of the Young Chef’s Academy.