Milk Chocolate Cup-of-Fluffs
- Yield: 24 pieces
- Soft Vanilla Nougat (see recipe below)
- 1cup sweetened, shredded coconut, plus more to garnish
- 1/2cup chopped, blanched, slivered almonds
- Tempered Milk Chocolate (see recipe below)
- Place 24 paper or foil cupcake liners in cupcake or muffin pans.
- When preparing the Soft Vanilla Nougat, add the coconut and almonds and set aside.
- Have the Tempered Milk Chocolate at 90F. Using a small paintbrush or pastry brush, paint the inside of the cupcake liners with a thick coating of chocolate. Allow the chocolate cupcake liners to set in the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes. Fill each about half full with the coconut-nougat mixture, leaving a margin of chocolate along the top edge so the final coat of chocolate will adhere to it and seal the cups. Return the cups to the refrigerator for another 5 minutes, then top each with the finishing layer of chocolate and refrigerate again for 5 minutes to set. Decorate or sprinkle with shredded coconut. Remove from the muffin pan, and serve the cups with or without the liners.
Reprinted with permission from Susie Norris and Susan Heeger’s Hand-Crafted Candy Bars (Chronicle, 2013).