Mile-High Tortilla Pie
- Yield: 6 servings
You can use a 10-inch springform pan with removable side, which makes it easier to remove the pie for serving. An aluminum cake pan also works.
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 2cups chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained or 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 (9-inch) flor tortillas
- 2cups shredded, low-fat cheddar of jack cheese or a Mexican cheese mixture that contains both
- 1/4cup low-fat sour cream
- 6sprigs cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Heat oil in a large nonreactive skillet and add onions, garlic and jalapeno. Saute 2 minutes; do not brown. Add spinach and mix well. Add marinara sauce and beans. Stir mixture well and simmer 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spray a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place a tortilla on bottom. Spoon a quarter of spinach mixture over tortilla, spreading it evenly. Set aside 1/4 cup cheese for topping.
- Using rest throughout casserole, sprinkle filling with some cheese (a scant 1/2 cup). Repeat layering, ending with a tortilla. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over top tortilla, cover loosely with foil and bake 35 minutes until pie is heated through. Allow tortilla pie to cool 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with a small spoonful of sour cream over the top of each piece and a cilantro sprig.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 286
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 587mg
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 19g