Midweek Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Bake these yummy cakes in coffee mugs.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips or morsels
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a small heavy-bottom saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Combine eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with a whisk or hand mixer until thick, satiny ribbons form, 3 to 4 minutes
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture and mix brieﬂy to combine. Add ﬂour and mix just until incorporated.
- Spray inside of four ovenproof coffee mugs with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among mugs. Place on a baking sheet bake 8 to 10 minutes, until just set on top. Note: the center will still be quite soft and “molten.”
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton