Middle Eastern Bean Salad
- Yield 4 servings
This Middle Eastern bean salad (Balela) is best served at room temperature but keeps well in the refrigerator for easy snacking.
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients; mix well. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Anne E. Stewart