- Yield 2 servings
Serve up a wintertime take on a traditionally warm-weather cocktail.
Margaritas aren’t just for the summertime. Winter brings beautiful citrus from the Southern states, which we use to mix up this grapefruit-fueled marg. —Eric Prum & Josh Williams
- 3 shots tequila
- 1 1/2 shots Cointreau
- 1 1/2 shots fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 slices fresh lime (to garnish)
- chile salt (equal parts dried Mexican chiles and sea salt) for rim
- Combine tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and grapefruit juice in a shaker.
- Add ice to above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into chilled rocks glasses rimmed with chile salt and containing large cubes of ice. Garnish with lime slices.
Note: 1 shot = 1.5 ounces
Recipe reprinted with permission from Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails (2013).