Almost Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
Cooking potatoes doesn't have to be a daunting task. Now, with newly developed microwave cooking techniques, you can prepare healthful side dishes or complete meals in a matter of minutes.
- 4medium russet, Yukon Gold or white potatoes, or 6 to 8 red potatoes
- Milk, to taste
- Butter, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash potatoes; peel if desired. Place whole potatoes in microwave-safe dish. Cover dish. (If using plastic, poke a small hole in the plastic.
- Microwave on HIGH 8 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until reaching desired consistency.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board