Microwave Au Gratin Potatoes
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 18 mins
Au Gratin potatoes in minutes—a nutritious, affordable and satisfying solution for time-pressed cooks.
- 4 medium russet or Yukon Gold potatoes or 6 red potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- -- Salt and pepper
- Wash potatoes and cut thin coin shaped slices approximately 1/8-inch thick
- Pour enough milk into the microwave-safe dish to just cover the bottom.
- Lay potato slices on bottom of dish, covering bottom. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with thin layer of shredded cheese.
- Repeat layering of ingredients until all potatoes have been added to the dish. When final layer of potatoes have been added and seasoned, pour remaining milk over ingredients before adding the last of the cheese.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Note: If using plastic wrap, make sure plastic wrap is not touching any ingredients and poke one small hole in cover to vent.
- Microwave for 10 minutes on high (cooking time may vary depending on microwave). Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave and serve.