Michigan Nut and Berry Bark
- Yield 14 servings
A fruity and nutty chocolate bark, perfect for the holiday season.
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup nuts, toasted (such as almonds, walnuts or macadamia)
- 1 cup dried cranberries, apricots or cherries
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, apricots or cherries
- 1/2 cup nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir in 1 cup nuts, 1 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cup coconut. Pour onto a parchment- or foil- lined 10×15-inch baking pan. Spread the chocolate mixture over the parchment to a 10×14-inch rectangle with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup nuts and 1/4 cup coconut. Cover with plastic wrap and gently pat down. Remove the plastic wrap and drizzle with the white chocolate. Chill, covered, until the bark is hard. Break into large pieces. Store in an airtight container for a week or freeze in sealable plastic bags.
Recipe reprinted with permission from A Junior League of Sagina Valley’s Between the Lakes (Junior League of Saginaw Valley, Saginaw, Michigan, 2005).