Michigan Nut and Berry Bark
- Yield: 14 servings
- 1pound bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1cup nuts, toasted (such as almonds, walnuts or macadamia)
- 1cup dried cranberries, apricots or cherries
- 1/4cup flaked coconut
- 1/2cup dried cranberries, apricots or cherries
- 1/2cup nuts toasted
- 1/4cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 4ounces white chocolate, melted
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir in 1 cup nuts, 1 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cup coconut. Pour onto a parchment- or foil- lined 10×15-inch baking pan. Spread the chocolate mixture over the parchment to a 10×14-inch rectangle with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup nuts and 1/4 cup coconut. Cover with plastic wrap and gently pat down. Remove the plastic wrap and drizzle with the white chocolate. Chill, covered, until the bark is hard. Break into large pieces. Store in an airtight container for a week or freeze in sealable plastic bags.
Recipe reprinted with permission from A Junior League of Sagina Valley’s Between the Lakes (Junior League of Saginaw Valley, Saginaw, Michigan, 2005).