Meyer Lemon Bars
- Yield: 24 servings
- 1cup room temperature butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8teaspoon kosher salt
- 1teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 6-- extra large eggs at room temperature
- 3cups sugar
- 2tablespoons Meyer lemon zest (about 6 lemons)
- 1cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the crust: Cream butter and sugar, then add the lemon zest and mix. Combine the flour and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture gradually, while using a stand or hand mixer on low. Mix until just combined, careful not to over mix. Place dough onto a well floured surface and shape into a ball. With floured hands, press the dough into a 9×13 pan. Chill the dough for about 15 to 20 mins. After dough is chilled, bake crust for 15-20 mins, until slightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling: Whisk eggs, sugar, Meyer lemon zest, Meyer lemon juice and flour until combined. Pour filling over crust and bake for about 30 to 35 mins, until the filling is set. Cool on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!