Meyer Lemon Bars
- Yield 24 servings
- 1 cup room temperature butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 6 -- extra large eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest (about 6 lemons)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the crust: Cream butter and sugar, then add the lemon zest and mix. Combine the flour and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture gradually, while using a stand or hand mixer on low. Mix until just combined, careful not to over mix. Place dough onto a well floured surface and shape into a ball. With floured hands, press the dough into a 9×13 pan. Chill the dough for about 15 to 20 mins. After dough is chilled, bake crust for 15-20 mins, until slightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling: Whisk eggs, sugar, Meyer lemon zest, Meyer lemon juice and flour until combined. Pour filling over crust and bake for about 30 to 35 mins, until the filling is set. Cool on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!