Mexican Wedding Crescents
- Yield: 2
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/3cup sugar
- 4teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2cups flour
- 1cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar to taste
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add the vanilla and beat until blended. Add the flour and mix well. Stir in the pecans.
- Shape the dough into a ball. Chill, covered with plastic wrap, until firm.
- Shape the dough by tablespoonfuls into crescents or discs on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 17 to 20 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- Roll the hot cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Austin, Austin Entertains (The Junior League of Austin, 2001)