Mexican Turkey Meatballs with Creamy Salsa
- Yield 3 dozen
These reduced-fat turkey meatballs are perfect for potlucks and parties.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 -- egg, beaten
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 ounces tortilla chips, finely crushed
- -- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup non-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, egg, garlic, onion, bread crumbs, chili powder and cumin. Mix well. Shape into about 36 (3/4-inch) balls.
- Place crushed chips on plate. Roll each meatball in chips, coating thoroughly.
- Lightly coat baking pan (10 x 15-inch) with nonstick vegetable cooking spray and arrange meatballs on pan. Bake at a preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink in center and internal temperature registers 165F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Use as dip for meatballs.