Mexican Style Cocoa
- Yield 3 servings
Cinnamon converts ordinary hot cocoa into something extraordinary!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups chocolate milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 -- cinnamon sticks, optional
- -- Whipping cream, optional
- Mix the sugar, cocoa, salt and cinnamon in a microwavable bowl. Whisk in the chocolate milk. Microwave on high until thoroughly heated, about four minutes. Stir several times as the mixture heats. Add vanilla and stir. Pour into mugs, using the cinnamon sticks as stirrers. Top with dollop of whipped cream, if desired.