- Yield 8 servings
Enjoy a new twist on this tasty summer veggie.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 to 6 medium yellow squash or zucchini (about 2 pounds), chopped
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed, or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 to 4 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash, corn, onion, chiles and garlic powder. Cook 12 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently. Add the butter and salt.
Recipe by Esmeralda Maynes, Clayton, N.M.