Mexican Souffle Appetizer
- Yield 12 to 15 servings
A wonderful appetizer to serve the next time you have a get-together with friends.
- 2 -- (4-ounce) cans whole green chilies, drained, rinsed and seeded
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 -- eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Grease 9×13 pan. Cover bottom of pan with chilies. Sprinkle cheese over the chilies. Spread bread crumbs over the cheese. Beat the eggs until light. Add rest of the ingredients to the eggs and beat again. Pour this mixture over the cheese. Bake at 375F for 40 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Fabulous Five Inc.’s Always Enough Thyme (Fabulous Five, Inc., 2001).