Mexican Scallop Fajitas
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil, divided into two 1 tblsp portions 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2pounds medium sea scallops
- 1large onion, halved lengthwise and finely sliced
- 1large bell pepper, halved lengthwise and finely sliced
- 6large (8-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 6tablespoons prepared salsa, plus additional for serving
- 4 1/2-- finely shredded lettuce
- 1large avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- -- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, cumin, chili powder and garlic in a medium bowl. Stir in scallops and marinate in the refrigerator 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and bell pepper until tender (but not brown) about 5 minutes. Add scallops with marinade and continue to cook until scallops turn opaque, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread each tortilla with one tablespoon of salsa and divide the lettuce equally over the top. Spoon warm scallop mixture over lettuce and garnish with avocado slices. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Serve with additional salsa.