Mexican Scallop Fajitas
- Yield 6 servings
Lower your carbohydrates and make this a salad by not using the tortillas. Place shredded lettuce on plates, spoon salsa over salad and then add scallops.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided into two 1 tblsp portions 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds medium sea scallops
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and finely sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, halved lengthwise and finely sliced
- 6 large (8-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 6 tablespoons prepared salsa, plus additional for serving
- 4 1/2 -- finely shredded lettuce
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- -- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, cumin, chili powder and garlic in a medium bowl. Stir in scallops and marinate in the refrigerator 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and bell pepper until tender (but not brown) about 5 minutes. Add scallops with marinade and continue to cook until scallops turn opaque, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread each tortilla with one tablespoon of salsa and divide the lettuce equally over the top. Spoon warm scallop mixture over lettuce and garnish with avocado slices. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Serve with additional salsa.