- Yield 4 to 6 servings
A hearty salad, made with corn, kidney beans, black olives, and all sprinkled with cheddar cheese
I told my aunt I didn't have a salad to go with Mexican food and she gave me this one. It's a great success and everyone wants it!
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (7-ounce) can pitted olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine the corn, beans, olives, and lettuce in a serving bowl. Stir together the mayonnaise, onions, chili sauce, vinegar, and chili powder. Add to the lettuce mixture and serve.
Violet Camp, Broken Bow, Okla.