- 2cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2tablespoons almond meal
- Large pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a small pot. Warm over medium heat while whisking to combine. Divide between two mugs and serve. Garnish with a small amount of additional cayenne, cinnamon and a cinnamon stick if desired.
This recipe originally appeared as Mexican Hot Chocolate on An Avocado a Day.