Mexican Cole Slaw with Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Yield 8 servings
Cilantro adds a punch to this slaw made with Savoy cabbage.
- 4 cups finely shredded Savoy cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Place cabbage in a large mixing bowl. Add tomato and onion.
- Combine olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, oregano, chile powder, salt and pepper; whisk well to form vinaigrette. Drizzle over cabbage mixture. Toss well to make sure all the cabbage is coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Recipe by Maria C. Hunt, a food writer in San Diego, Calif.