Mexican Cole Slaw with Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Yield 8 servings
Cilantro adds a punch to this slaw made with Savoy cabbage.
- 4 cups finely shredded Savoy cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Place cabbage in a large mixing bowl. Add tomato and onion.
- Combine olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, oregano, chile powder, salt and pepper; whisk well to form vinaigrette. Drizzle over cabbage mixture. Toss well to make sure all the cabbage is coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.