Mexican Citrus Chicken Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Mexican Seasoning:
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon garlic
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- 6cups mixed salad greens, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- To prepare the seasoning: In a small bowl, mix all Mexican seasoning ingredients.
- To prepare the salad: Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Brush seasoning over chicken and grill or broil for 10 to 18 minutes or until cooked through. Baste with additional seasoning, if needed. Remove from heat and cut into strips.
- Arrange salad greens on 4 plates then add chicken strips, red pepper, and grapefruit sections. Garnish with scallions. Serve with dressing of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of TexaSweet