Tortilla Chicken con Queso
- Yield servings
- 6 -- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups Tortilla Chips Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 -- C Flour
- 1 -- Egg
- 1 tablespoon pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- 1 -- Jalapeno Pepper, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 -- 14.5 ounce can of Smoked Diced Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 -- C Minced Fresh Cilantro, plus a couple of sprigs for garnish
- 1 -- Lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup Drained Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- -- Cooking Spray
- 6 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
1. In a medium sauce pan place the 1 Tbs of Vegetable Oil, over med-high heat add diced onion, jalapeno pepper (leave seeds in if you enjoy things spicy), and garlic. Saute for approximately 5 minutes until slightly softened. Then add tomatoes, salt, pepper, beans, and corn and simmer on medium-low heat.
2. Meanwhile in a food processor place Tortilla Chips until you have approximately 2 cups of crumbs. Add paprika, cumin, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
3. In three separate bowls add flour in the first, a beaten egg and pepper sauce in the second, and the chip crumb mixture in the third. Pound Chicken slightly until approximately 1/2 of an inch thick. Dredge chicken in Flour, pat excess flour off. Then place in egg mixture, and remove excess. Then cover in crumb mixture.
4. In a skillet add vegetable oil and heat to med-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 4-6 minutes per side.
5. While chicken in cooking remove tomato mixture from heat and add cilantro and lime and mix well.
6. On a greased baking sheet place chicken. Then add tomato mixture and top with cheese. Bake at 375 Degrees for approximately 15 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and cheese is melted.
7. Remove from pan and garnish with remaining cilantro. Enjoy!