- Yield 1 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 7 mins
Use the Blue Plate Black Beans to layer on English muffins with poached eggs.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 English muffin
- 1/4 cup Blue Plate Black Beans (see separate recipe), heated
- 1/4 cup picante sauce, heated (such as Pace)
- 3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons shredded provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- Fill a deep skillet with water (3 inches deep), add vinegar and bring to simmer over medium heat. Heat broiler.
- Crack eggs into simmering water and cook until desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes
- Split and toast English muffin. Place on an ovenproof plate.
- Remove poached eggs from water with slotted spoon and place one egg on each half of muffin.
- Spoon Blue Plate Black Beans over eggs. Spoon picante sauce over black beans. Sprinkle top with shredded cheeses and place under broiler until melted.
- Remove from broiler and garnish with sour cream, olives and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of the Blue Plate Diner, Salt Lake City, Utah.