- 1pound fettuccine or linguine
- 1teaspoon pure olive oil
- 1large onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 Anaheim chiles, seeded and minced (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 1cup drained and rinsed canned black beans or 4 ounces dry black beans, cooked*
- 1 ear sweet corn, kernels sliced from cob (3/4 cup)
- 1teaspoon minced cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water over high heat, cook pasta about 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and run under cold water; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions, green peppers and chilies; saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, spices, tomatoes, black beans and corn; saute for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and cilantro; saute for 1 minute or until pasta and vegetables are heated through. Squeeze lime over pasta and season with salt, if desired.
*To cook dried beans, soak them in water overnight. Drain and then place them in a pot and cover with fresh water (do not salt the water). Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until tender.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 584
- Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 101mg
- Carbohydrate 117g
- Protein 22g