- Yield 4 servings
This vegetarian pasta dish is wonderful because it contains diverse flavors, looks terrific and will impress company while it satisfies your hunger for something bold and unusual.
- 1 pound fettuccine or linguine
- 1 teaspoon pure olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 Anaheim chiles, seeded and minced (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans or 4 ounces dry black beans, cooked*
- 1 ear sweet corn, kernels sliced from cob (3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water over high heat, cook pasta about 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and run under cold water; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions, green peppers and chilies; saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, spices, tomatoes, black beans and corn; saute for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and cilantro; saute for 1 minute or until pasta and vegetables are heated through. Squeeze lime over pasta and season with salt, if desired.