Mesclun Salad with Broccoli and Red Apple
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
A refreshingly different salad with a make-ahead option.
To save time the day of your dinner, prepare the dressing and steam the broccoli ahead, and refrigerate until you’re ready to toss the salad.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Djjon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 12 cups mesclun or spring mix
- 1 medium red apple, cut into bite-size cubes
- In a medium bowl, whisk oil, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt and pepper until blended.
- Steam broccoli 3 minutes or until just tender; cool under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine mesclun, broccoli and apple. Add dressing and toss gently.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.