Memphis Rendezvous Ribs
- Yield: 6 servings
- Seasoning mix:
- 4tablespoons paprika
- 2tablespoons powdered garlic
- 2tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 1/2tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2tablespoons coarse salt
- 2teaspoons whole yellow mustard seed
- 1 1/2teaspoons crushed celery seed
- 1 1/2teaspoons whole celery seed
- 1 1/2teaspoons dried crushed oregano
- 1 1/2teaspoons dried crushed thyme
- 1 1/2teaspoons whole allspice seeds
- 1/2teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2teaspoons whole coriander seed
- 1/2teaspoon ground coriander
- Mop sauce and ribs:
- 6tablespoons Seasoning Mix
- 1/2cup distilled vinegar
- 1/2cup water
- 4tablespoons ketchup or tomato-based barbecue sauce
- 2 slabs baby back ribs (about 4 pounds)
- To make the seasoning, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Store in an airtight jar. Makes about 1 cup.
- To make the sauce and ribs, mix 2 tablespoons seasoning mix with vinegar, water and barbecue sauce in a bowl. Makes about 1 cup.
- Grill or bake ribs, basting with sauce. When done, sprinkle liberally with seasoning mix.
Recipe courtesy of Meathead Goldwyn.