Medjool Date Nut-Stuffed Chicken
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/4medium onion, finely diced
- -- Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1teaspoon finely chopped fresh herbs (eg. parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary, etc.)
- 2-- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- -- Salt and pepper
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Mix dates, breadcrumbs, nuts, herbs and onion together.
- Using a sharp, non-serrated knife, cut a pocket into the thickest part of each chicken breast, being careful to to cut through. Leave appoximately 1/2-inch on all sides.
- Fill pockets with date mixture, season with salt and pepper and brush both sides with olive oil. Place in a shallow baking dish and pour in wine.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
Recipe courtesy of Bard Valley Natural Delights.