Mediterranean Vegetable and Walnut Salad with Olive Vinaigrette
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 5 mins
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup prepared, reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced, pitted ripe olives
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups each spinach and arugula leaves
- Heat walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes until walnuts are slightly toasted. Set aside and reserve.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinaigrette and olives. Set aside and reserve.
- In a medium bowl combine chickpeas, bell pepper, carrot and onion; toss with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette.Set aside and reserve.
- In a large bowl toss spinach and arugula with remaining vinaigrette; divide equally among 6 salad plates. Top with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with walnuts.
Recipe developed by Diana Torrey of Torrey Food Communications