- Yield: 2 servings
- 2-- (6- to 8-ounce) tuna steaks, 1 1/2-inch thick
- -- Olive oil
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
- 1tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1tablespoon sliced black olives
- 1tablespoon sliced green olives
- 1tablespoon finely chopped Roma tomato
- 1tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2tablespoons white wine
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch oregano
- pinch salt
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped
- Coat the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill on a gas grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium. Remove the steaks to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Saute the onion and bell peppers in olive oil in a skillet for 1 minute. Stir in the olives, tomato and garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the wine, lemon juice, oregano and a pinch of salt and cook until the mixture is reduced by half. Add the butter gradually and cook until incorporated, swirling the pan frequently. Arrange each steak on a serving plate and top evenly with the sauteed vegetable mixture.
Recipe by Buzz Valadao, Ryan's Catch. Recipe reprinted with permission from Energy Services of Pensacola’s Fiesta Seafood Cookbook: A Taste of Pensacola (Energy Services of Pensacola, Florida, 2009).